Food for Thought 2018 – our signature community event and fundraiser!
Meet interesting people, have great discussions, have a good dinner!
Our fifth annual event is in the evening on Wednesday, May 30th, 6-9 PM, at the school, 1755 Avenida de Mercado in Mesilla, near Paisano Café and the Dona Ana Arts Council. It’s a unique opportunity for attendees to have lively dinner discussions with engaging people in the community, from the arts, business, science, travel, NGOs, and more.
We’ve posted their biographies with pictures – here’s a preview of the pictures:
There’s a social mixer in advance and a silent auction with a panoply of items donated by many businesses and individuals. Our flier (with sponsors still being added) gives you a feel for the event, along with highlights from recent years’ events.
You and your friends can purchase tickets, $50 per person, in advance or at the door, which opens (nominally! People come early) at 6 PM. As you purchase your ticket or as you sign in, you choose which discussion leader’s table at which you like to dine. [Please note that tables seat up to 10 people, the discussion leader and 9 guests. We will work at providing timely notice of any tables that have filled up.]
You and our event workers (LCA parents and friends) mingle for about half an hour, with complimentary coffee, tea, water, and sangria. Near 6:30, you sit at the table with your chosen person. Each circular table seats up to 10 people, a good size and geometry for easy conversation. Several tables at a time go through our buffet of tasty food. Back at the table, we’re serving water, red and white wine, coffee, and tea. Then it’s your go, until the discussions wind down as you choose (a bit after 8, when our great workers begin cleanup). During the discussions, feel free to hop back to the silent auction area to place bids or new bids. Around 7:30, we’ll be around to announce the winning bids.
Tickets can be purchased
- with cash or check in advance from our LCA families, should you know someone,
- at the school in the daytime, or
- with a credit card using the form below.
- At the door, all three options are available. Several of our workers will have Square readers for credit cards. You can use the same three options for silent auction items.
We thank, as we do every year, the businesses who donate the food, the businesses and individuals who donate silent auction items, the work put in by our volunteers, at the event and for weeks in advance, and, most importantly, you, for being there. It is a rewarding evening for all.
Some sponsors and donors to date:
Below is a way to buy a ticket or several tickets securely. Please note:
- Your request for seats (your choice of discussion leader(s)) will be honored to the best of our ability. Tables do sell out now and then, sometimes suddenly. We work at keeping the seat availability numbers up to date, and we’ll contact you if your request needs a change.
- Our page sends you a brief confirmation that payment and selection succeeded. We will then send you an email with a printable ticket, one for each choice you made. You can print it and bring it with you to the event.