We cherish the individuals, the businesses, and the foundations that help us to improve continuously, serving our students and their families. That help takes several forms – donations of funds, donations of goods, and volunteering of services. Our thanks go out to you.
We are an educational public charity under IRS code 501(c)(3) – thus, your gifts are tax-deductible, but, more than that, we are a community of people dedicated to education – our LCA families, our faculty, our board, and our friends in the greater community. We are proud to offer you the opportunity to build something bigger than each of us.
Our finances are stable, thanks to all those who donate funds. Goods in kind, of course, are equally valuable, but funds pay the bills – we can’t get our vendors to accept barter! Tuition brings in 92% of operating costs, on average; this is typical of private schools. To keep valuable programs going and to develop new programs, we ask for funds. We have an Annual Fund campaign; we run fundraiser events – including Food for Thought as a great community event; people make purchases via our business partner links that give us rebates. You can also buy our images from our travels in other countries. You can learn more about these opportunities on our pages or by contacting us personally.
We have many people to thank, in our Thanks page for donated funds. It’s inspirational.
Volunteer workers and donations keep us financially sound, serving our students and the community. We are very grateful for donations of funds; tuition brings in 92% of operating funds, and the other 8% is from donations. If you want to join us and our other donors in the rewarding enterprise of educating our new generation of citizens and leaders, we have diverse ways for you to do so:
To donate funds:
- We’ll be very pleased to meet you in person. We can share our interests and show you what your donations can achieve. Please contact Lou Ellen Kay (575-521-9384 or email@example.com) or Vince Gutschick (575-571-2269 or firstname.lastname@example.org). We can find a good time and date.
- You can send us a check if that’s most convenient. Again, we’re happy to meet you in person. Our mailing address is our address of incorporation, Las Cruces Academy, 4904 Calabazilla Dr., Las Cruces, NM 88011-7655
- Online donations are easy via our form that accepts credit cards securely.
- Your company may have a matching grants program. Boeing, Walt Disney, and Toyota have added their support this way.
- Your purchases with several merchants generate a percentage return to us. One is Amazon Smile.
- We’re pleased to offer for sale a selection of beautiful and interesting images from other lands that we have visited – Indonesia and Costa Rica. The links are being revised and will be here soon.
Furnishings, educational equipment and supplies, cleaning supplies, … these all help us provide a great environment for our students and our teachers. We’re open to many donations of goods. Please contact us if you have items you believe we might need. Our thanks go to all our donors to date – it’s a long list.
Some of the items that you may have on hand, ready to give, are:
- Tennis racquets for youth, up to 25″
- 47-cent stamp roll
- Paper towel rolls: recycled hardwound roll towels, natural, 8″x 800’
- Storage rack, 6’ tall, 4’ to 6’ wide